I was really busy last week/weekend finishing up 3 Mei Tai (May-Tie) baby carriers. 2 were baby shower presents, and one was an order. Yay! Already spent the money on more fabric though. I got some OSU fabric to try to make a cute purse like Sue (Ryan's mom) made. Also more fabric to make some more Mei Tai's. That, along with a ton of stuff I have to do for my mom group (MOPS: Mothers Of PreSchoolers), has kept me busy while Ryan has been gone. We went up to Portland for the weekend mainly so I could go to a baby shower. It was fun and the mom-to-be loved her presents. At least that's what she said! I really hope she loved them, I worked really hard on them. Along with the Mei Tai, I gave her a decorated paint can to put "memories" in, all tucked in a cute basket that matches her decor. I remember receiving gifts in baskets was awesome because there are so many uses for those baskets!
I can't believe it is only Tuesday though. First of all, it's the first day of "Fall" and it is almost 100 degrees out. The leaves are probably falling from heat stroke right now, not season change! Second, it feels like it should be at least Thursday! I am so tired and it's only Tuesday! I can do it though, I keep telling myself, I can make it through the week! Yesterday I started with a mom's bible study that meets on Monday mornings. It is at a different church than we go to but I knew a few of the ladies in there. The girls had a blast and Sierra asked if she could come back. Yup, next Monday! Then I had a MOPS leadership meeting last night that I had to prepare a pasta salad for. Needless to say, my kitchen still has not fully recovered! I need a maid, or more time, or more energy! Something man, I'm dragging and not extremely motivated at the moment to clean! Anyways, to get out of the house today I took the girls to this place called the Jungle Jump where there are a bunch of blow up things they jump around on and slide down. Sierra had a blast! Kayleigh was a little leery of the whole thing but still had a good time watching "Sissy" play. Tomorrow we have a library story time where Sierra gets to exchange her books from last week for new ones! I love this because if she loves a book a ton we only have to read it for a week, instead of every day (or twice a day) for a month like she does with her "Sleeping Beauty" book at home. That book has strategically been living in the car lately... Tomorrow night we have small group and the girls will go to church, then another story time probably on Thursday. Anything to make the mornings go by since we wake up so darn early! Friday we may have to go to Wildlife Safari for a look around to get out of the house. Ryan keeps telling me to take them to do stuff, but besides what I have listed, there really isn't much else going on in Roseburg! Kinda makes me wish we lived near a bigger city, but I do like it down here!
Well, I better go get some stuff done while the girls finish out there nap! Take care and God Bless!

1 comment:
Okay, I'm totally impressed you do all this solo--sounds like you're having fun!!
Post a Comment