Currently we are sitting here watching the U of O versus Broncos game and laughing because the ranked U of O is getting run over by the WAC Broncos! Ryan is ecstatic to have college football back on tv 3 nights a week. He even upped our tv package for fall just to see the games. I'm ok with it because I enjoy college ball. When he starts obsessing over NFL is when I have issues. I just can't get into games where people are paid exorbitant amounts of money to play a game! But I did watch Brett Favre play last week and play a cheap shot against the other team. That was interesting... Just trying to act like I know my "stuff" about football.
The girls are doing good. Kayleigh has been a little clingy lately which I love and hate. I love it because she wants her mommy, which makes any mommy feel good. She is constantly saying "Momma" which is adorable. I hate it because it means she wants to be held all the time. I have to keep telling myself to enjoy the moments because it won't last for long and one day she won't want me to hold her. But, Sierra still wants to sit on someone's lap all the time, so it could last a few more years at least! There seems to be a lot of jealousy going on between the two of them when it comes to sitting on our laps. If one is sitting on my lap, the other one wants to be sitting on my lap! Cute but not-so-cute at the same time!
Sierra learned the other day what the smoke detector was for. It was kind of a hard conversation, trying to decide how much to tell her about fires. Somehow we got on the topic of if there is a fire everything could get destroyed. Wrong move! She was talking about what would happen if mommy and Kayleigh and Sierra got destroyed and how Daddy couldn't get another one of us like the toys and Sierra said "I'd miss my baby sister!". Now when we talk about Kayleigh getting hurt she says she doesn't want to loose her baby sister because she would miss her. That doesn't seem to completely stop her from hurting her though!
Sibling rivalry, it is so hard to mediate! Who knows who did what and you don't want to blame every squawk out of Kayleigh on Sierra because sometimes Kayleigh is just frustrated with a situation, not actually hurt. Ugh! Sierra knows how to push buttons when it comes to K-bug big time! And Kayleigh gets really clingy when Sierra is being "mean" to her. So once again I am holding Kayleigh...
It's not all about sibling rivalry though. I really enjoy watching the girls play together because sometimes they can go long stretches of great playing together. Dressing up or imagining things. Sometimes Kayleigh lets Sierra put jewelry or hats on her. They can play together for a long time and sometimes I just sneak in and watch because it is so sweet!
As for Ryan and I, not much has been going on. I got an order for a baby carrier and may get another. So I am really stoked! I also have two I have to make for gifts, so I am breaking even probably or maybe making a little which is good. I just like breaking even at least because buying fabric can get expensive otherwise. I love showing people how they work though. Like tonight when our friends came over I showed how to do a back carry using Sierra which is impressive because most people don't realize you can carry a 3 year old (who is under 30 lbs) on your back!
Time to get off of here, watch the unimpressive end of the Duck game, and go to bed. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

No comments:
Post a Comment