Thursday, March 12, 2009

Quickpage

Hey! This is what is called a "quickpage". Basically I just added the photo and the quote. I should be giving credit to the people who made this, and the papers and elements I use in my other scrapbook pages, but it just takes too much time! If this were a public blog, I would kinda have to do that. But it is private and if you all want to know more about digital scrapbooking, just ask. Or Google. Googling is how I learn everything new and fun these days!

So, Sierra had a doctors appointment today to get the second of her two HepA shots. We elected to get them done now since we are going to Mexico for her birthday and Hep A is usually contracted from shady unwashed produce and other not-as-pretty foods. NEWAYS. I told her we were going and what was going to happen and that it would hurt. She said she wanted the shot on her hand because she wanted to band aid there like a sticker. I told her that they would have to do it on her leg, and that it would hurt more if they did it on her hand. So in the office she was great. She told the nurse why she was getting the shot ("So I don't get sick on my birthday in Mexico") She knew there was medicine in the shot. The nurse had her lay down and wanted me to kinda lean on her chest. I thought that would scare her, me holding her down, and I didn't think she would move, so I just kinda hugged her and kept talking about what was going on. When the shot went in her eyes got big, but that was it. Not even a hint of tears in the eyes! When she sat up she said "That wasn't too bad. It didn't hurt too bad! I get a sucker?" What an amazing girl! She was all smiles and the nurse was definitely impressed! So was I! So she got a sucker and chocolate milk from Dutch Bros. Mommy got a little iced coffee because I was brave too! Seriously, I almost cried at how brave she was, and how nonchalant she was about us putting her through it. She just took it 'cause I told her it had to be done, and she was great about it. She did ask more questions later, about what the shot actually was "A needle with medicine", and why it hurt. But never did she get mad at me for letting them "poke" her! yay! On the way out she said "My leg doesn't hurt! If it was in my hand it would hurt a lot more." She just believes what we say and repeats it! Crazy girl! I love her!

No comments: