Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Harvesty-Fall-Whatever you want to call it.

Alright, the truth is, I really hate Halloween. I know that is strong, but I really do! I don't like what most of the things represent, like ghosts, goblins, witches, and all things dead; specially when little kids are involved. I don't like the origins of Halloween. And most of all, I don't like the candy laying around the house. What do I like? Any excuse to dress my kids up in cute costumes. Sierra dresses up all the time, but it was cute (although difficult) to get Kayleigh in a costume. So, I don't mean to be harsh about the whole Halloween thing, just know that I don't really like it, k?

Last Wednesday our church held a Harvest Party for the kids. It was fun to see everyone in "appropriate" costumes like fully-clothed cheerleaders, many princesses, and our pastor was a Pirate! The kids played a few games and got a few pieces of candy that they couldn't really eat anyways (too hard or too chewy!) but they loved getting it!

Here is a picture of Kayleigh as a bumble bee. Totally cute because Sierra wore the same costume a few years ago. She wouldn't let up put the hood up though! And it was really hard getting a picture of her! Here is Daddy standing in line with the girls before Sierra went fishing for candy. Kayleigh thought it looked like fun too! She was pretty into the few games she played, like the bean bag toss. Amazing that an 18 month old could really throw that bean bag!
Here is Sierra showing me her first piece of candy which she nicely shared with her little sister the next day. Besides the occasional one MnM, Kayleigh hasn't had candy before this!

When we were talking about the Harvest Party Sierra said "and you get to throw candy in the potty!" before I even mentioned it. I couldn't believe she remembered it from last year when she was the ripe-old-age of 2! Her memory amazes me. So here she is this year throwing candy in the potty! Nice action shot!



Sierra was a trooper on the cake walk. She wanted to stay till she won which was about 15 minutes of standing in a really hot room! She loved her cupcake though! And got her first taste of candy corn which she liked!





This is just a fun picture of the girls playing. They still have their squabbles, but it is fun to catch them playing so nicely more often!





Ryan got Sierra a "grown up sippy cup" with princesses on it. Is everything princess? Seriously? Sierra is obsessed! We were in Walmart today and she noticed EVERYTHING that had a princess on it and said she wanted it. I said she might get some presents for Christmas, but not a lot and definitely not everything she wanted. She said ok and started saying "I like that, but I can't have everything, I'd rather have that..." etc. It was cute that she got the concept that she can't have everything that has a princess on it just because it has a princess on it!




Speaking of princesses, here are my little princesses dancing in the living room, a favorite past time here!




I will hopefully get some picture up of the Beaver game soon. There are some cute ones of Sierra jumping in puddles (she was having the time of her life!).






No comments: