Since I have a few more moments before the kiddos wake up, I wanted to post some pictures of our "third" Christmas celebration. When Ryan was growing up, his family had a variety of exchange students stay with them over the years. His family still stays in close contact with many of them. One of the great families that they are still in close contact with are Mette, Peter, and their kids from Denmark. They actually came out to visit a few years ago around Sierra's first birthday! It was so fun meeting them, since I had only had contact with them through letters and emails! They are so much fun and their kids are so sweet! What more than amazes me is their generosity! Since Sierra's first Christmas, they have sent her the traditional 24 gifts for each day of advent! I thought for sure, since we now have two kids, they would probably pass on that this year, specially since we left for the holidays without seeing anything. Well, when we got back their was a "second delivery notice" from the post office, the package was about to be sent back! First of all, it would be crazy for the USpost office to send a package all the way back to Denmark! Second of all, when I picked up the package, it said it had arrived on the 10th of December, even though Mette sent it in time for the beginning of December, and we didn't even leave until the 15th! Ugh! So, they sent this huge box containing....48 presents! All color coded and numbered for each of the girls! I couldn't believe it! Ryan's dad suggested opening one present a day for the "24 days after Christmas", but Ryan was having none of that since we had already stretched Christmas out for so long! So we waited for Daddy to come home from work and we all sat down and opened them all! It took Sierra forever because she would see something Kayleigh got and want it! Sometimes she is more interested in what Kayleigh has simply because Kayleigh has it, not because it is "better" than hers or "more fun". Mette and her family send the neatest things! It is interesting to see how things are different/the same there. The most amazing things they always send are hand knit things for the girls. you can tell Kayleigh is wearing a hat and scarf made for her! I just wish they had said who made them, since I know Mette's daughter is not knitting really well too (she sent sierra something really neat last year). My daughters have the neatest hats, sweaters, socks, and scarves because of them! Well, Sierra just woke up and we have a lot to do! Enjoy the pictures of the girls with all their fun stuff! And a big special
THANK YOU!!!!!!! To Mette, Peter and their family!
No comments:
Post a Comment