Wednesday, January 14, 2009

We're Back!

We had such a wonderful time in Virginia/Tennessee over the holidays! It was fun to spend Christmas with my family, and New Years! We then spent "Christmas" with Ryan's family and my dad. It was a little overwhelming to have so many Christmas celebrations! After actually getting back home to our house, Ryan got sick....then I got sick....then Sierra, then Kayleigh! It was a week of fevers in our house! I couldn't believe we were all so sick for so long! But just when I thought I couldn't take anymore, it passed. Kayleigh was so sad! Her little baby cry turned into a raspy little winey-wheez thing that made me want to cry! And the coughing! Broke my heart to hear my little princesses with that cough. The scariest thing though was when Sierra's temperature spiked to 105 and Kayleigh was up past 104 at the same time! We are kinda inexperienced with the sick-child thing since Sierra didn't even get sick until she was 15 months old! So were were a little nervous and called the doctor. We got their temperatures down pretty quickly though. Ryan ended up sleeping in the living room with Sierra and I was in our room with Kayleigh for 3 nights. When it was all over, we had a little trouble getting Sierra back in her bed. She wanted to sleep in the "wiving-woom" (living room). Here is a really sad picture of Kayleigh when she wasn't feeling so well!


And here are a few of the girls when they were starting to play more after the hard part had passed. They were so cute playing with the puzzles! In the background is the really neat kitchen Grandma and Grandpa got Sierra for Christmas. I'll post more of those later!






No comments: