
So, we are visiting my family in Bristol Tn/Va.... It is one of those weird border cities where you drive down town and wonder if you are in Tennessee or in Virginia... Anyway, we are visiting family and so sad to be leaving on Thursday/Friday. We can't believe it has gone by so fast! This is the first time in about 8 years really that I have spent a New Years Eve here. We are sitting, watching something pretty lame on TV, kicking ourselves for not being in bed and getting some much needed rest! We haven't done a whole lot of anything really since we've been here. Just catching up with family and hanging out with my nephews and niece, who are growing up way too fast! My two "tween" nephews are way too old now! I can't believe that 10/11 years ago I was changing their diapers and rocking them to sleep. Now, I have my own kids! Life goes by way too quick. So, as we are ringing in the new year, what are our resolutions for 2009? Ha! I made the speech last night about how resolutions...blablabla...never follow through....blablabla..goals are more reasonable....blablabla.... N-E-ways, I "our" (as in mine, forced upon Ryan) goal is to end 2009 feeling healthy and wealthy... Our bodies being healthy, and lots of wealth in our hearts! I'm not delusional, unless we win the lottery (which we never play), monetary wealth is not in our immediate future! But that is totally ok! We are so happy with the lives we are living, the people in our lives, and the future we see panning out ahead of us. It is an amazing feeling to be so content with the majority of your life.
Ok, I could be sappy for the next 14 minutes, because that is how much time is left in 2008 for us (3 hours and 14 minutes for those back home who we are going to call soon), but I have more important things to do, like share some pictures! The first two are from our trip to the park on a glorious 76 degree winter day! It was so awesome! The last picture is of Sierra and I on the swings in my sister's back yard. Yes, I'm ok with being humiliated like this on the internet!
22 seconds to 2009 on the east coast! 2009! Yay! What a kiss.... More later! Hope your 2009 is awesome!

No comments:
Post a Comment