Christmas digging into her stocking loot.
Alright, just a few minutes here and there to write stuff. Kayleigh is down for a nap (not feeling too well, teething?), and Sierra is distracted by Dora. Uh-oh, here she comes! Apparently she's got "Pooh"...that would be her stuffed Pooh-Bear, her lovey whom she spilled milk on the other day and so he is in need of a bath in the washer. Sierra cracks me up! Such an imagination. She just "knock-knocked" on my bedside table door, then opened it up and exclaimed "Hi guys!" She is now "talking" to Grandpa on her "cell phone", then back to the bedside-table to tell whoever is in it that they are "so funny!" No, she is the funny one! She totally talks with her hands too, just-like-mommy.
Sierra is sooooo excited to go on an airplane next week to visit family in "tensee" and "virgin-ga". We are excited too! I can't believe Christmas is just around the corner! Sierra loved putting up all of the Christmas decorations, hanging ornaments on HER tree (she's 2, everything is HERS), and putting baby Jesus to bed... Her favorite Christmas things so far are a piano book of Christmas songs that her Grandma gave her last year, and a children's nativity set that her Grammy gave her. We LOVE annoying Daddy with our renditions of "Deck The Halls" over and over and over and over and over again at the top of our lungs! Specially when he is totally trying to concentrate on the BCS Bowl assignments special on TV. Yep, he missed actually hearing the "official" report that OSU is, well, not going anywhere too special so I don't really want to talk about it... Anyways, the nativity set has definitely gotten a lot of use. We are constantly looking for Baby Jesus because Sierra treats him like a real baby. We can't find his manger at the moment, because the last time she put him down for a nap was in HER bed... He also spends a lot of time in Kayleigh's swing and bouncy chair.
I have really been trying to convey the real meaning of Christmas to Sierra. Trying to find a balance between the fun stuff, like decorations and presents, and the real important stuff, such as why we really celebrate and how special Jesus is to us. So far she gets that it is his birthday and we sing Happy Birthday to him. She knows we get presents and I have been trying to tell her how great it is to give rather than receive...not quite getting that concept across! She loves giving AND receiving though, so at least it's a start. I don't want to overwhelm her, but I also don't want it to be just about the presents, specially since we don't have much money to give a lot of presents this year. So teaching Sierra that presents are more special if you make them has been going good. She loves coloring pictures for people.
Ok, I've got to run! So much to do, so little time!
God bless & Lots of Love!

1 comment:
I love it, that you started a family blog! I like hearing about what you guys are doing and seeing all the pictures.
Post a Comment