I have been so busy cleaning and organizing our house in between all of my other activities, so I have kind of neglected my blog! Well, Sierra has been saying the funniest things lately, so I totally have to share! A little disclaimer first: I try not to use full names of other kids that aren't mine, so I will usually just use their initial capitalized. Thought I'd explain before telling a few stories!
#1: Last weekend Ryan fed Sierra soup for lunch. When I asked her what kind of soup she had eaten she replied "I don't know! It's in my tummy and I have my jammies on so I can't see it and I can't unzip them!" That was not the first time she had mentioned not being able to see her food in her tummy! What a funny concept!
#2: Yesterday Sierra was singing a song that sounded kind of like "Little Drummer Boy". I sang a little of the song and asked her if that was what she was singing. She said "Yeah, just like at J's school, I mean D's school!" We went to a concert at D's school before Christmas and D played the drum for little drummer boy but we never mentioned it after going! She has one crazy memory!
#3: We saw a penguin skiing on tv this morning (cartoon, duh) and the conversation went something like this:
S "I ski sometime. Sometime I get Dora skis."
M "Who's going to get you Dora skis?"
S Daddy's going to get me Dora Skis."
M "oh really..."
S "Yeah"
M "Who is going to take you skiing?"
S "Gwampa"
M "And daddy?"
S "Yeah. I go skiing sometime with my Dora skis and Boots."
M "Boots on the Dora skis?" (Boots is the name of Dora's sidekick)
S "Yeah, like my flashlight in my room. You push the button to turn int on and like this to turn it off."
What a little conversationalist. It usually goes on like this until she goes off on a random topic (like her flashlight) or she doesn't have an answer to one of my questions for some reason! She almost always has some answer or explanation!
#4: I put my hair in braids last night after my shower. This morning Sierra told me "Oooh! You got pretty hair Mommy! It's young hair like me! Sometimes it's young hair. Ooh, it's so pretty! You're pretty Mommy!"
She totally made my day. Although, I never got an answer when I asked if my hair was usually old hair not young, but I don't think she really knows the difference between young and old. I think she was just saying it looked kinda like hers when hers is in pigtails! I love trying to dig into her creative mind!
Ok, no pictures today, no time left after that long post!
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Just keep telling yourself that she doesn't understand old. It will make you feel better! My guess is that she knew exactly what she was saying. Welcome to my world! Love ya!!!
Post a Comment