I have a little more time to write now! Here is the "title page" for the movie I posted yesterday. The Easter Egg Hunt at the park was absolutely crazy! I read that there were 10,000 eggs! Sierra ended up with about 12 and Kayleigh had 2. Ryan noticed that the TV camera's were filming Sierra as she picked up eggs, but we totally forgot to watch the news on Saturday! So I went to their website and sure enough Sierra had been on the news! Here is a link to the article and hopefully you can click on the little blue "video" button under the picture to see the video. http://www.kpic.com/news/local/42904387.html
Sierra is in it about half way through wearing a pink zip-up over her pink dress. It just shows her quickly picking up about 3 eggs. It is cute though! What a star! She was on the news at 3 days old as well, when we were in the hospital. It was for some wanna-be race car driver who graced us with his presence. Anyways, I can't believe we forgot to watch the news!
I don't remember ever going to a hunt like that when I was a kid, it was absolutely nuts how many kids were there! We had told Sierra she could get her face painted, but then the line was ridiculous, so the poor sweetie was so disappointed! Grandpa fixed that by buying her a princess hat thing, all ribbons and such. Still, later that day, she was asking about painting her face pretty. Someday we will have to get that done, maybe at a fair or something.
Saturday was all about the Easter eggs and baskets man! Grandma and Grandpa brought fun stuff, we had her traditional basket full of fun finds; it was crazy! We did all the crazy stuff on Saturday though, because we wanted to keep Sunday about the real reason we celebrated this weekend; Jesus' Resurrection. Our church's theme for this Easter was Fireproof Love. It was loosely based on the Fireproof movie starring Kirk Cameron. We all watched it Saturday night (except Sue, who was asleep before it even started!). Our Pastor did an awesome job and a couple shared via pre-recorded video their amazing testimony of being to the brink of divorce and back. It was awesome. We just hope and pray it touched peoples lives. Oh, and since I know some people read this blog who are on the worship team, I just have to say YOU ROCKED!
The excitement of the weekend still hasn't worn off of Sierra. Today she was really missing Grandma and Grandpa, but she was surprisingly good. She usually has an off day or so after such excitement, but she did pretty good today. We even went grocery shopping and she did great! I, of course, made it a speedy trip being all prepared and such since I had both kids. I kept Kayleigh in her car seat-carrier and stuffed the groceries around her in the cart and under the cart! We rushed though, no extras, and only spent $59! Something must be off, that is nothing.... Oh, the no extras and no toiletries and stuff helps keep it down. And the fact that Ryan didn't go.... :) He likes to slip things in the cart! But I tell you, planning meals down to the last detail has really helped us budget and watch our money at the grocery store. Everything counts, huh?
Ok, marathon post, I know! One last thing. My brother and his wife are having a hard time (with sickness and injuries), so please say a little prayer for their family. I so wish I lived closer so we could help out! Keep your heads up guys, we love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment